Pages

Hotel Thoughts: Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad {Vista, CA}

About four and a half hours after leaving Las Vegas, we arrived at the Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad.

The drive went well for the most part but at this point, all three of the kids were on the getting better side of being sick and we had an emergency stop at a Target about 30 minutes away from the hotel. By the time we made it to the hotel, we were all tired and ready to settle in for the night.

We had booked one night before we were going to be moving over to the Park Hyatt Aviara.

Everything appeared to be going well and the quality of the hotel seemed to be the standard that you would expect from a Hyatt Place. Right as the front desk clerk was handing me the keys, I looked down and saw a notice that the water was going to be off for most of the following day.

If I had been staying at the property on a business trip or if we were flying out that next morning, it probably wouldn't have been an issue. The water was supposed to be turned off around 9am and then it was going to be off until around six that evening. Since I was traveling with the kids and we were planning on spending some time in the pool before checking out, I didn't feel comfortable being without water for the day.

I wasn't entirely sure what the best course of action would be so I went back out to the car and called my husband who then called the Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond line.

After chatting with them for awhile, they ended up refunding us for the night and moving us over to the Hyatt House that was nearby.

It's nice to know that there is always someone that can help if you are in a situation like this. If we had booked through a third party site like Expedia or Priceline, it probably wouldn't have been quite as easy to get moved to another hotel. That is one reason why I always suggest booking directly with the property or through a travel agent like American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts or through the Citi Prestige booking.

Sadly, we didn't even go up to the room at the Hyatt Place so I don't have any photos for you. We just ran as fast as we could to the Hyatt House so we could all get a little sleep.

Erica

Hi, my name is Erica! After having three kids in three years you can usually find me in yoga pants with dark circles under my eyes and a Diet Dr. Pepper in hand. If you ever see me at the airport, I'm probably running around with a kid on my back in the Ergo while pushing another in the stroller. At times our house feels crazy and chaotic and I often struggle to keep dirty dishes out of the sink.

My friends all know that I'm the one they can turn to if they have any questions about traveling with their kids and I LOVE being that person!

There are a lot of things I want to do with my life but one of my favorite things is to help people find the courage and resources to make their travel dreams come true. I am super excited to have you along for our adventures and I hope you will come to think of me as your travel savvy friend because there is nothing I would love more!

No comments:

Post a Comment