Pages

Hotel Review: Park Hyatt Aviara {Carlsbad, CA} - Part 1 "The Room"

View from our suite at the Park Hyatt Aviara
To say I was impressed with the Park Hyatt Aviara would be an understatement! After the experience we had at the Hyatt Place and the Hyatt House, this property was a welcome reprieve.

Check In Experience

For the most part, check in was a breeze. The kids were extra cranky for some reason (probably because they could tell we were in a nice hotel and mommy needed to pay attention to what she was doing...). As I was on my last ounce of energy attempting to keep things together and not ruin the experience for other guests, one of the front desk agents came to the rescue and gave each child a little stuffed animal. They weren't anything fancy but they did the trick and got them distracted and made them happy. Miss R still loves to sleep with her special pony.

Stuffed animals that saved the day!
Parking

When we stayed at the property in late April, we had the option of valet or self parking. We usually opt for self parking since it is less expensive and generally not that much more of a hassle. As I was trying to decide, I was informed that if we wanted to do self park, we would have to take a shuttle bus to and from the car as the lot was quite a distance away. Since I was checking in by myself with the kids, I decided to go for valet.

I just checked the website for the Park Hyatt and saw that they have updated their parking information. Currently, they charge $35 per evening for valet parking and they say that self parking is currently not accessible.

Room

When we booked this stay, my husband had found a crazy rate that made the Park Deluxe Suite less expensive than even booking their standard room. For reference, I just checked the rates for the weekend after Labor Day and the Park King (their standard room) is running $360 for a night. The Park Deluxe Suite is $610 for the same night. You could also use Hyatt Gold Passport points to fully pay for the Park King or Double at 20,000 points per night or use a points+cash rate and pay 10,000 points and $125 per night for the park King.

Our particular suite was positioned at the end of a very long hall pointing towards the golf course. This made for a wonderful view and quiet nights but a very long walk to the pool or breakfast. I think the long walk was worth it though.


When you come in the front door of the suite, there is a good size entry hall with a closet and a three piece bathroom. I always love it when suites have more than a powder room in the living portion of the suite. This feature made it so you could easily share the room with other adults since they would have a space to get ready in the morning other than the master bathroom.


I really loved the art that was decorating the room. It was simple but added an extra level of interest to the walls. The "powder room" even included two bathrobes separate from the ones in the master.


The living area was spacious enough to entertain a large group of friends or colleagues and was plenty large for our little family. The sofa is a pull out and housekeeping proactively offered to make it up for us but we opted to use the kids travel beds since they take up less space.


When we arrived in the room, housekeeping had already brought up the mini crib for our Little A. There was also a large TV and a good size desk that was perfect for the kids to draw or eat on.


The bedroom was beautiful and plenty large. It had it's own balcony with chairs overlooking the golf course and beautiful Batiquitos Lagoon. There was a sitting area with a table and two chairs as well as another comfortable arm chair. The decor was different than other Park Hyatt locations I've been to but it fit the beach area very well.


Off of the master bedroom was this long hallway. It had a large walk in closet at the end (which was big enough that we could have put a child in it to sleep for nap time) and a smaller linen type closet with the safe inside.

Linen closet had large safe, hair dryer, and men's and women's size slippers.


The bathroom was one of my favorite features of the room. It was large and beautifully decorated. It's always nice to have a good bathtub when traveling with the littles. They are used to having a bath before bed each night and we can make do with a shower but they much prefer a bath. This tub was plenty big enough for all three of them to bathe together. There was also a nice stand alone shower, double sinks, and a private area for the toilet.


This property was beautiful and the staff was very accommodating. Between housekeeping proactively asking if we needed things like more towels or shampoo, the front desk staff offering the kids little stuffed animals, and the bellman offering to grab some ice for us after bringing our bags, we were very pleased and it was easy to slip into relaxing vacation mode. I'm already looking forward to a return trip to this property!


Erica

Hi, my name is Erica! After having three kids in three years you can usually find me in yoga pants with dark circles under my eyes and a Diet Dr. Pepper in hand. If you ever see me at the airport, I'm probably running around with a kid on my back in the Ergo while pushing another in the stroller. At times our house feels crazy and chaotic and I often struggle to keep dirty dishes out of the sink.

My friends all know that I'm the one they can turn to if they have any questions about traveling with their kids and I LOVE being that person!

There are a lot of things I want to do with my life but one of my favorite things is to help people find the courage and resources to make their travel dreams come true. I am super excited to have you along for our adventures and I hope you will come to think of me as your travel savvy friend because there is nothing I would love more!

No comments:

Post a Comment